Sunday, December 16, 2012

One Day, I Hope I Can Find Forgiveness For My Sin

I did something horrible today. No, I didn't punch a baby, kill a pet or swear at a customer and throw their dumb@$$ through that 80in TV we sell (though I'm always tempted to do that last one). No, what I did was deny a kid his World of Warcraft video game set. A mother asked for my opinion and, thinking she was trying to get into the game herself, told her to start with the battle chest and move up when you're ready. It wasn't until the end of the transaction that she told me it was for her spoiled son. And now, he won't get it for Christmas, most likely being scarred for life and growing up with a negative perception about people. He'll be funny, making jokes at other people's expense but that cynicism will be his downfall. Overestimating his strengths, he'll pick a useless major and end up doing menial work far below his skill set for wages not even trained monkeys would accept in a retail environment that makes him envy the dead. Believe me, I speak from experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment