Saturday, December 1, 2012

Freakin Weeaboos

"Excuse me." A grotesque teenage girl trapped me. "Does this Inuyasha DVD have Japanese and English language tracks?" She handed me a DVD and I checked the back. It did. I guess they don't teaching reading in school anymore.
"It does."
"Ok, I need both because I have a hard time keeping up with subtitles. It's just too quick for me." Can I call them or what? "Did you know that you can watch some episodes on youtube?"
"Nope." I said, slowly moving away.
"Well, you can but there's only a few episodes. So I've been trying to collect them all on DVD so I can watch it." she said, as she followed me around the department, talking incessantly about Inuyasha and how much she liked the characters and story. I've been caught in a Weeaboo tractor beam. Oh God, please save me. I promise to start going back to church. "Hold on, I have to call my mom to see if she'll by it for me." Oh yes, a chance to get away while she's on the phone. Oh, and um...Sundays are a bad day for me. Can we reschedule, big guy? Thanks.

3 comments:

  1. This is exactly how God is getting back at you, y'know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By working at Derp-Mart or by sending me this particular customer?

      Delete
  2. Who you callin' Weeaboo? Seems to me like you're the one with yellow fever.

    ReplyDelete