Thursday, December 6, 2012

At Least Pretend to Care!!

Well, I had gotten back from my lunch (they cut our lunch time in half because it was getting busy and we'd be working hard. Remember, at Derp-Mart the more you work, the less rest you need, though this only applies to electronics workers, everyone else gets the normal time) and was looking for my boss.
"Our boss went home hours ago." My associate told me. "What's up?"
"I'm going in for surgery in a week and a half. I need to get her the heads up about my last day."
"Excuse me!" a supervisor interrupted. "Are we talking or are we working?"
"Both." I replied.
She walks over to where I'm standing, looks at me and says "Well, get working."
Can we at least to pretend to fucking care Derp-Mart?! That's all I'm asking for. Pretend. Humor me. Tap me on the shoulder and tell me you care with the biggest, $#@!-eating grin you can muster. Something that can't be held against you in a court of law. Most people express condolences when they hear someone is going into surgery not "Get back to work, bitch!".

No comments:

Post a Comment