Thursday, December 6, 2012

Can We Have a Truce?

Derp-Mart, I know we don't really like each other. I never shop at your store, except to buy lunch and I have the balls to demand payment from you for hours worked in your store. I hoard money like it's valuable. But can we call a truce? Just for a little while? I mean, I don't hate you. I don't like you either. Think of it more as a tolerate (I do think those commercial of yours showing happy workers who have been with Derp-Mart for years is a bit much, it's borderline false advertising.) And you certainly can't hate me. I'm a hard worker, I'm Black (I know you like ethnic, I've seen your staff). In fact, I'm the good black electronics worker, not like that other guy who was lazy, knocked his girlfriend up, and got caught stealing over a thousand dollars of merchandise and is now behind bars. See, you're lucky to have me. And I'm lucky to have you. Being black with a college degree didn't go nearly as far as I thought it would (I thought it would go somewhere and it ended up going nowhere). So, in the last week I'm working, please make me feel like the best week ever for me. Make me come home every night and say "Man, I've got nothing for you guys. Nothing bad happened to me. If the last entry of this book is this post, it's going to suck so much @$$." So, can we do this small favor, for me? The one who essentially consumes an entire Walgreens just to come to work everyday, all for you. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment