Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Lazy-Way 2


“Wait, layaway ends on the 14th?” A mother looking to purchase a WiiU asked.
“Yes. You have to have it paid off by the 14th. We empty our trailers on the 15th and everything goes back onto the floor.
“That’s not fair. You’ve only had layaway for a short while.” It’s been available since September. But she’s right, in the 14 billion years since the universe existed, September is just a short while. “How much do I have to put down to put this on layaway?”
“10%”
“It costs $300. How much is 10% of that? I’m not a math genius.”
Is that all it takes to be a genius? I’m totally taking up that moniker.
“$30” I answered.
“There’s no way I’ll be able to pay it off by then. My husband is a contractor, so we only get money when someone contracts him, you know? Can’t you make an exception for me? I really want to get a WiiU for my son.” She said, hugging her son.
Sure, just let me relay this sentimental message to the computer. They totally care about stuff like this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment