Saturday, December 1, 2012

Grumpy Grandmother

I was called back to the photo center, a little counter where the bathrooms are in our electronics section.
"I'm picking up a bike I bought for my granddaughter online." an elderly woman said to me as the associate came out of the back with a small pink bike in tow.
"That's not the bike, is it?" She asked.
"It is." My coworker replied.
"Mine was supposed to come in a box."
"None of our bikes come in boxes. You'd have to order one from our warehouses to get that."
"Was this used? It looks used. There's a yellow mark on the tire and it looks like someone was riding around on it."
"It came from our bike rack. We let our customers access the bike so they can see if it'll be a good fit for them."
The ping pong match between the old lady and my buddy went back and forward for another few rounds, she complained more about the bike, the store and even a few of us employees until she eventually ran out of complaints and just demanded her money back. The associate politely informed her we couldn't do any exchanges back here. Only customer service located up in the front could give her what she wanted. She looked at the worker, then at the bike and finally at me before saying "Can you carry this bike up to customer service for me? I have a bad back and can't carry."
Oh, of course. I love doing things for bitches who are never satisfied with anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment