Wednesday, October 24, 2012

With People Like Him Running The World, No Wonder Everything Sucks

"My new memory card doesn't work." A somewhat foreign man complained. He handed me his camera and after doing some awesome detective work that's worth more than the pennies I earn, we discover that the problem is that his camera is far too old to work with anything above a 2gb memory card. So I tell him that his 4gb card wouldn't work and he would have to purchase one that held 2gb or less.
"No, I don't." He shot back at me. "I've got a 512gb card right here." he showed me his older card which clearly stated 512mb.
"That's a 512mb card. It works because it's less than 2gb."
"That doesn't make any sense. How is 512 less than 2?"
If I hurt him, will the courts consider this justifiable assault?

2 comments:

  1. this is where i would break out with:
    "in math we have words for measurement. maybe you have heard of some of them. inches, centimeters, miles, calories, etc. I know story problems can be hard, but if I have a 10cm candy bar, is that bigger than a 6 inch candy bar?" then i would walk away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll carry a ruler around to slap people with from now on.

      Delete