Saturday, October 13, 2012

Note to Self: Just Say No

"We want a 55in Vizio TV." An elderly couple tells me.
"Sure thing." I grab the handheld scanner to make sure we have it in stock. No more heading back into the cage just to come back empty handed. I scan the bar code and we have 4 in stock. So I run back, grab the keys from the manager, open the cage, return the keys and look for their TV. Despite the fact that the handheld said we had 4 in stock, we only had one (That hand held is so off my Christmas Mailing List) and the box was open, which means someone returned it. I know they're not going to want it. Even at a discount, these people won't take anything that's been opened, as if its been infected with airborne STDs. So I go back out and tell them that the TV is open and used but it works and they get it at a discount.
"Can you call the nearest Derp-Mart to see if they have the TV?"
Sure, why not. I go back to the counter, pull out the giant white binder that has all the numbers in it and I start dialing away while a bunch of other derps try and get me to do stuff for them, as if they couldn't tell I was already pre-occupied. I find the number and dial it into the phone when the couple stops by to tell me to forget about it because they have to leave. If you have a time limit, why did you come in to buy a TV? And why did you ask me to call another site? It's not like this stuff is done in just a few seconds like buying a bag of weed. This stuff takes time. Next time, I'm just going to say no. No, we don't have what you're looking for and we can't call anymore Derp-Marts because we torched the binder that contained all the numbers.

No comments:

Post a Comment