Wednesday, October 24, 2012

No TV For Old Men

"What's the difference between these two television sets?" a pair of elderly gents asked me.
"Ones a 3D TV and the other is an LED."
"Lets take the 3D TV." The taller one said to the shorter bald man.
"No, I hate 3D."
"But you can always turn it off if you want. I'd like to have the option."
"I don't want to go flippin through the menus just to turn something off I don't want. I just want a regular tv."
As I'm quietly trying to slip away, the taller one called out to me. "Do you guys deliver?"
"We don't, unfortunately."
"Well, we live out of state." Why are you TV shopping if you're not even from around here? It's not like our prices are different from other Derp-Marts. "So if you don't deliver, we'll just have to carry it in our car."
"We'll take the LED one." The shorter one said.
I ran back into our stock room to grab the TV they wanted, leaving them alone for no longer than 5 minutes, and carry out the LED TV they so desired and fought over.
"We don't want that one anymore. We found a cheaper TV that interests us." *&$!# "Do you guys give senior discounts?"
"I'm sorry but we don't."
"Why not?" The younger snapped at me.
"Don't pester him with questions. It's probably company policy and he has no control over."
"We deserve the discount!"
I grabbed the TV and carried it to the back before one of them tried to drag me into their argument. I found the new TV they wanted and carried it out to the floor.
"We changed our mind again. This fellow in orange educated us about LED TVs and now we want one after all."
Where's a shovel when you need one? I need to free up some Medicare and Social Security dollars for America!

No comments:

Post a Comment