Saturday, October 13, 2012

I Hate Phone Conversations

"Hi, I'm looking for the Linksys 6590. Do you have it?" The customer asks over the phone.
6500? Never heard of that but maybe it's a new one. I asked the customer to hold while I ran to check our supply. Nope, don't have it. I run back to the phone.
"We have 600, 900 and 1750." I tell her.
"No no no, 6590 is the model number. EA6590." How was I supposed to know that? You asked for the Linksys 6590, you didn't say it was the model number.
"Let me go check again." I said. I run over to the network section and see that the one she wants is the 1750, since that's the 6590 model. I run back to the phone and tell her we have what she's looking for.
"We have it."
"Great! How much is it?"
run back to the networking section to check the price, $199.98, and run back to the phone.
"It'll cost you $200."
"Ok. And if I buy it and I'm dissatisfied, I can return it right?"
ಠ_ಠ Yes, but only after I strangle you.

No comments:

Post a Comment