Sunday, October 14, 2012

I Guess She Wants Everyone Trained To Do Everything

"Can you help me?" A customer asked.
I'm afraid the customers of Derp-Mart are beyond help at this point. Our only hope is to cryogenically freeze them and hope that we can cure stupidity in the future. 
"I'll try." I replied.
"We bought a laptop a few weeks back and the price dropped. I want the difference between what I paid and the current price."
"Sure. Those transactions are done in our customer service area at the front of the store."
Frustrated, she walks away until she came to another associate and asked him the same thing she asked me.
"That's done in our customer service up front." The associate responds.
"UGH! Derp-Mart is the worst run company ever!! None of you guys can help me."
Yes, obese crazy lady, do tell us how we can better the entire store. Maybe move customer service around every week so people have to search for it, like a treasure hunt. Maybe it's a sign I've been working here too long but whenever something like this happens to a rude customer, I take a bit of perverse joy in it ^_^

2 comments:

  1. So how long do you need to work there before you start *proactively* antagonizing these kinds of customers? I look forward for that day to come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figure right around the time I've got enough material to work into a book and stop caring about my job.

      Delete