Friday, November 30, 2012

Whiny Witch

"My daughter's looking for the Edward Scissorhands movie." A pissy obese mother with her teen daughter snorted.
"I don't believe we keep that in stock."
"Can you go check?"
I run over to our drama section, quite literally two seconds away from where the woman was standing. We didn't have it.
"Nope, we don't have it."
"What? Where did you look?"
"In our drama section. It's where we'd keep it if we had it in stock?"
"Can you see when you'll be getting it in stock."
"There's no system set up for us to check to see if we'll get it in stock. I highly doubt we will, since that movie's over two decades old."
"Ask someone else if they know." She demanded, just as another associate was walking by.
"Hey, are we getting the movie Edward Scissorhands in stock?" I asked.
"No." My coworker replied, without even stopping to exchange pleasantries.
No other words were exchanged. The mother just waddled away empty handed. Here's hoping she never gets that movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment