Saturday, November 24, 2012

At Least She Didn't Divide By 0 Part Deux

"Do you have any more of these in stock?" She asked.
I asked the associates that have been here since 5 A.M. (God bless their devoted yet poverty-stricken souls). "Nope, we're all out."
"How could you have run out?"
"The sale happened last night, you're about 12 hours late to the party."
"Can you call the other stores to see if they have them in stock?"
"We don't have the numbers for other stores." I replied. We never have the numbers because we don' want to be stuck calling every store in the area when we should be working.
"I'll look the numbers up here on my phone real quick and then you can call them."
So, we're using two people to do a job that can be done just as easily, nay easier, by one. Got it. The worst part is, I'm not supposed to say no. We're supposed to try and accommodate customers every whim, even if it's a fruitless endeavor, because it'll show them that we care (which we don't) and then they'll want to come back. So, on the busiest day of the shopping season, I spent 30 minutes calling all the other stores in the area, hoping to find something I know didn't exist because a customer insisted I do it because she didn't want to deal with buying another wireless USB router thingy.

No comments:

Post a Comment