Saturday, November 10, 2012

What's The Point In Wearing Uniforms If People Can't Tell?

"Excuse me, is this a karaoke CD?" An elderly woman accompanied by two daughters asked, handing me a CD.
"Nope. It'll say Karaoke on the cover."
She leaves and returns shortly asking the same question again.
"Is this a karaoke CD?"
"No."
"A worker said you had it. Can you come find it for us? We're looking for a Taylor Swift karaoke CD."
I didn't even know those exist, much less if we had them in stock. But I walked over to the music section and started looking through our CDs. After about 5 minutes, I couldn't find what they were looking for.
"I can't believe you lied to us. She said you a Taylor Swift karaoke CD."
"Who said we had them? We'll just go ask her where it is."
"I don't know who it was. She didn't have a name tag but she was wearing a red sweater."
"A red sweater? All us workers are required to wear blue shirts."
"Oh. I guess the person I asked was just a regular customer then."
If the entire planet exploded tomorrow, I wouldn't miss it one bit. In fact, I think we deserve total annihilation.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I don't know if total annihilation is necessary, maybe just a zombie apocalypse. That way things will just sort themselves out on their own, the way nature intended.

    ReplyDelete