Thursday, November 8, 2012

There's A Moral To This Story Somewhere

Here's a story that's light on dialogue but heavy in irony. A man called our store, begging for an ipad mini. He just had to have it. Lucky him, we had one in stock. He wanted us to hold it for him, only problem was that we only hold on to items for an hour, it's only fair to give other customers a chance to buy it too.
"What? That's lame. Is there a way to guarantee I'll get it?" He asks.
"You can order a store pick up. Go online, buy it and offer to pick it up in the store."
He decides to do just that. In a few hours, he shows up to pick it up. We check the computer, it's currently being binned. We bin all in-store pick up items in the back and his hadn't been done yet.
"According to our computer, it's still being processed."
"What?! I ordered it 30 minutes ago!"
"We bin everything at the top of the hour, so it'll probably be ready in 15 minutes."
"I can't wait that long. Let me just cancel my order and buy one."
He goes online using his phone and cancels his order. We go over to our ipad case to look for his precious mini.
"I want a 16gb model." We're all out of 16gb models, he grabbed the last one. "That's preposterous! What happened to the one I ordered?"
"It's being binned in the back."
"Can you grab it?"
"I don't have clearance to do that. We do have 32gb in stock."
"I can't afford that model! This is bull$#@!"
Mmm, such sweet, delicious irony. If only I had a spoon to eat it all up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment