Sunday, November 25, 2012

Derp-Mart Logic

As you may or may not remember, all the extra products (and TVs) are locked behind a huge electronics cage near shipping. Now, you'd think that it would be common sense to give keys to all the electronics associates, since we're the ones who need to be in and out. But that's the kind of thinking non-executives do.  In fact, I'm thouroughly convinced they do everything backwards based on this one happening. I was waiting for a manager to come back and open the cage after I called them. They were taking their sweet time and eventually ran into the 15 minute mark. It was time for me to take some medication. Ever since the holidays started, I've needed even more than what I should take so I've been keeping tabs in my ipod touch of what I take, just to make sure I'm not overdoing it or taking something too soon. Just as I was finishing up, the manager finally showed.
"Put away that phone!" she snapped at me.
"It's not a phone, it's just a touch. I was keeping track of which medications I've taken today."
"Doesn't matter. You're not supposed to have it out while at work."
"I was just sitting here waiting for you to open the cage. It's not like I was doing this instead of working."
"It's still against policy."
"So, it's ok for me to sit here waiting while doing nothing. But, if I write, that's not ok?"
"Right."
What's wrong with this picture? I'm not sure if she has extremely dry sarcasm or if she's being serious.



No comments:

Post a Comment