Friday, November 16, 2012

Nintendo Conspiracy

"My kid wants one of those new WiiU things." A mother said to me.
"That doesn't get released till next week."
"What's the difference between that and the wii?"
"Apart from the new tablet controller, the hardware is more powerful."
"But you can play wii games on it, right?" She asked.
"Yeah."
"So why a new system? Why not just keep the old wii?"
"The hardware and specs are better. It's like a computer, eventually, you need to upgrade so games can do more and keep from being stale."
"That's just what Nintendo wants us to think. I can't see a difference between the two. They're just trying to con stupid people out of money. I'll tell you what, I'm just going to buy my kids a bunch of wii games. I'm not stupid enough to fall for this."
"Oh no you aren't, miss." I replied with a thin slice of sarcasm.
Every once in a while, I get those moments where all the pain and hardships of my job become worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment