Thursday, September 27, 2012

You Should Know Where That Is

Second day on the job, they had me training up in the front on the cash registers, just in case they ever need to pull us up to the front to help (which I sincerely hope they never do for me and they probably won't since electronics is so busy all the time). So, I was training under one of the nicest ladies ever. Actually, most Derp-Mart workers are nice, especially the grandmas we employ. (I suspect they constantly pump in ecstasy through the air-conditioning or put anti-depressants in our water.).Things actually went pretty smoothly. Didn't even get one of those "It didn't scan, it must be free" comments that we tend to murder people over.  Aside from a fossil using a check to pay for her things (which should be illegal in 2012. The check thing, I mean, not the paying for stuff.).
"Excuse me!" A young mother said, just as I was thinking nothing stupid was going to happen today. "This diaper bag has a hole in it." She said pointing to a hole so small I probably wouldn't have been able to see it if she didn't point it out. "You guys covered over it with tape. Why would you do that?"
"I'm pretty sure it's to prevent the hole from getting bigger, since just a small one can lead to a bigger one. Kind of like when you cut fabric with scissors, just a small cut will let you tear..."
"Yeah, ok. Can you go back and exchange it with another one for me."
Sure, I'll just leave my busy post so you don't have to be inconvenienced with walking back to the store to grab another product you want. I looked over to my trainer and she said it was ok for me to go. "I got it from the baby section." No, I thought it came from the alcohol section, since that's clearly the product that led to your kid's conception. Also, note to Derp-Mart. Putting diapers near the alcohol, perfect reminder for birth-control. "You should know where that section is." Oh, of course. Because I’m a 24 year old Black guy, I must obviously know where the baby aisle is. I probably have a dozen kids by now. Though, if we’re going to use stereotypes, wouldn't I have abandoned them all for more women?

No comments:

Post a Comment