Sunday, September 30, 2012

Two Laptops? How About Two Middle Fingers?

If it seems like most of my complaints about people tend to trend on the stupid side, it's because the noticeable people were, for the most part, stupid or at least stupid around me (maybe they were nervous being in my presence or had a crippling social anxiety.) I didn't really have any experience with rude customers, aside from them being annoying or negligent, until now.
"Get me two of these laptops." A customer says, surrounded by his wife and two kids. I guess buying laptops is a family affair. I open the cabinet under the laptop, the one they want isn't there. I check the one next to it, nada.
"I think we're all out of them." I inform the customer.
"Then check the back." The man demands.
Um, a please would be nice.
"Yeah, you know how this works, honey." the wife added.
Oh for the love of...So, I go into the back, ask the assistant manager to open the electronics cage so I can get in and check to see if we have any. We don't.
"We don't have any in the back either." I tell them when I get back to the floor.
"You have it advertised in your magazine." We have a magazine? "How can you not have it?!" The man asks.
"We ran out."
The wife turns around and asks my coworker for help. "Do you have any of these laptops in stock? This guy has been of no help at all." Yeah, suck you too, lady. "He didn't even check any of the other places." Well, she got me there. I definitely didn't check in the places where we don't store laptops.
"You check the cabinets and the back, right?" My coworker asked me.
"Yep." I replied.
"Just use your handheld to check to see if you have any in stock." The man commanded. My co-worker rolled his eyes and checked just to humor him. Turns out I was telling the truth after all, we don't have any in stock.
"We don't have any here but according to the system there's exactly two left at our other Derp-Mart, it's about 30 minutes away in traffic." My coworker told them.
"Thanks, you've been a bigger help than this guy." The dad said and the family left.
"I was just fucking with them. The other Derp-Mart doesn't have any in stock either." My co-worker told me.

4 comments:

  1. Thats why I hate customer service. i probably could have made a blog like this for mcdonalds but I wouldn't remember the stories as well as you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I write these down on my touch when I'm on break. I try to remember these as best as I can but there's probably a few stories that have escaped my memory. If I forgot about them, they probably weren't that great to begin with.

      Delete
  2. Ahh, sweet retribution! Although you have to feel some pity for the associates who then received them on the other side, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure they're sending us their nut cases, so it's a wash.

      Delete