Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Why Not Just Sell Me The Display?

"We want to buy this laptop." a burly man shopping with his either extremely young wife or daughter told me.
"Sure thing. Let me just get the keys." I said in a voice so cheery it should earn me a raise. I grabbed the keys from another Derp-Mart associate and open the cabinet only to discover that we're all out of that laptop.
"Sorry, we're all out." I apologized. "Is there another laptop you're interested in?"
"Can you sell us the display?" The woman asked.
"I can't."
"Why not?" The man asked, stepping forward. "Just ask the manufacture to send you a new one."
"It's for decoration only. The displays don't have bar codes for us to scan." I explained.
"So?!"
They may not have bar codes but displays still make great bludgeoning objects. Or at least they would if they weren't tied down.

Edit: It has come to my attention from a actual customer that you CAN buy the display items. Oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment