Sunday, September 30, 2012

Just Checking

"Excuse me." An old Asian grandmother stops me. "Do you have these things?" she shows me a piece of paper with Playstation 3 and PES 2013 written on it. Lucky for her, I know what PES stands for Pro Evolution Soccer or she would've just confused someone.
"Yep, we do." I grab the keys off an associate and open the cabinet to the game first, grab it after telling her the game was $60. Then we head over to the PS3 cabinet, open it up and grab it.
"What price is that?" she asks.
"$250."
"Oh wow, that's expensive. I thought it was only $50."
In what universe does a video game console cost less than a game made for it?
"Do you still want it?" I ask.
"Yes."
So I take the two items over to the cash register, I had to carry them myself because she forgot to bring her a cart. I scan the items up and tell her the total was about $350 with tax (I forget the actual price).
"Ok, thank you." She says and starts to leave.
"Wait, don't you want to buy it?"
"Oh no, I just wanted to know what the total price was."
Hmm, I told her the game was $60, the system was $250 and she still needed for me to ring it up before figuring out what it would cost? I could've told her what it costs without even looking at the items. And here I thought Asians were good at math.

No comments:

Post a Comment