Thursday, September 27, 2012

Plasma is a POS


“Excuse me,” 4 days in and I already hate those two words. Why can’t a customer ever ask me out? “I asked someone for a TV and they went back to go get it and haven’t come back yet.”
“Really? I’m sorry. When did they go back?”
“About 3 minutes ago.” OMG, somebody call the cops. Someone’s been gone for 3 whole minutes. “Can you go tell her that I don’t want the 32in TV anymore? I want the 40in.”
So, I run back told the worker who went back, who happened to be my boss. We didn’t have it the TV he wanted and she asked me if he still wanted the 32in. So I ran back and told him. “Ah ok, well I still don’t want that TV.” Cue running back to tell the boss that he doesn’t want it. Run back.
“I want this TV right here, since there’s the box right here.” He said pointing to another 42in.
“The plasma?!” I asked. He confirmed that’s what he wanted. So I grabbed the TV rang it up for him. Got it paid. I grabbed a cart to place the TV on and told him I’d meet him in the front. I asked my associate to watch the TV while I went for the cart.
“He wants the plasma?!” my senior citizen associate exclaims. “Plasma is a piece of shit!” I kid you not, she actually said that. And it made my day. So, I take the TV out to the man’s car, which he happened to park in the Disabled Parking Spot. A healthy Asian who can’t be older than his 30s, completely well and walking fine with no indication on his car that he was authorized to park there, no wonder he was in such a hurry to get out.
“Ok,” I tell him, just after loading his TV into the car. “Because you bought a plasma, it’s extremely important that you don’t” *ring ring ring*
“Hello?” the customer says, answering the phone. He proceeds to speak Asianese into the phone for the next 5 minutes, clearly whatever he’s talking about is far more important than ensuring that his TV doesn’t get ruined and he comes back to us to complain. Oh well. His loss. 

No comments:

Post a Comment