Thursday, September 27, 2012

People Striking For More Favorable Wages and Living Conditions? Ridiculous!


“Excuse me, I’d like to file a complaint.” Figures something would come up. Things were going a bit too smoothly today.
“Sure,” I say. “What’s the complaint?”
“I called you guys and asked if you have the iphone 5.”
“We don’t. we only got 5 in stock last week and Apple hasn’t sent any more to us.”
“But the person on the phone said you did.”
“That person was mistaken, unfortunately. I’m sorry. I believe we’ve been having supply problems with iphone 5s because the Foxconn workers that make them in China went on strike for better wages and living conditions.”
“This is ridiculous!”
“I know. Can you imagine working all day and barely earning any money and living in terrible living conditions. How horrible.”
“No, I mean how ridiculous that Apple can’t find someone else to make iphone 5s for them. It’s only the biggest product of the year.” Ah yes, how silly of me to put the concerns of humans above that of our electronic gadgets. Hopefully Derp-Mart doesn’t find out otherwise I might lose my job. “I want to talk to your manager!” She says, pointing at me with her archaic iphone 4S, a phone so old that she should be classified as a senior citizen and qualify for medicare and social security. So, naturally I get my manager over and guess what the manager said. If you answered: “The exact same thing you said” then you win an iphony 5. It’s like an iphone 5 only imaginary. 

No comments:

Post a Comment